Monday, September 13, 2004

Food Lion: Upgraded to FULL TIME!

It's official; I accepted a full time position with Food Lion today!

I was offered a full time position at a new store after my formal interview today...

This has actually been in the works for a couple of weeks, but I didn't want to say anything just in case things didn't work out or something. I pretty much knew though that the job was going to be offered to me....... I guess I know the right people... he he

This full time position comes compete with benefits such as life, health insurances, etc...

However, I do plan to finish my degree!

I will return to UNCG in Jan going part time...

I only plan on taking like maybe one or two classes at a time...

This new position will mean yet another transfer. I look forward to settling down at one store for a while, I am getting a little sick of playing musical stores... lol

I will be assigned to the Food Lion on Coliseum BLVD here in Greensboro!

I will have three official titles, but they are pretty much rolled up into one full time job.

1) HBA Associate (Health & Beauty Aids) - This will be my primary focus & where I'll spend the most time. HBA takes care of tobacco products, baby formula/food as well as things like shampoo, toothpaste; female needs, etc etc are also covered under HBA.

2) Asst. Scan Analyst - I will asst. the full time Scan Analyst in changing prices for weekly sales, making sure all the prices are correct, etc... There are around 200 or so prices changes each week!

3) Asst. DSD Receiver - I will asst. the full time DSD Receiver in checking in vendors like Pepsi, Coke, Krispy Kreame, other beer venders, etc...

I will for the most part be working fixed shifts, but my schedule is as of yet still un-determined. It will most likely end up being 6am to 3pm or 7am to 4pm or something somewhat close to that, Monday-Friday...

All I have to wait for now is for my current store to let go of me, which hopefully will occur at the end of this week once we finish the schedule. Once I am officially "released" by my current store, I take over with this new position at this new store.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jonathan said...

Congratulations, John!

September 15, 2004 at 2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home